SHEIN is predicted to dominate Amazon in the shopping market in the first half of 2024. Is it worth it and should you be a SHEIN affiliate?
Shein is an Asia-based online fashion platform, getting popular with style diversity and affordability. They have truly the dominant in the fast-fashion industry in recent years.
Winning the hearts of shoppers from over 150 countries, SHEIN has an estimated 74.7 million active shoppers and generated $22.7 billion in revenue in 2022.
SHEIN offers a wide range of products across various categories, including clothing, accessories, and home decor. Though designed for all types of customers, most of Shein’s shoppers are women and Gen Z. If your target audiences are primarily female, the SHEIN affiliate program could hold the key to huge opportunities.
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the Shein affiliate program, providing you with the information needed to embark on its ambassador journey.
Shein Affiliate Program
So, Shein does have an Affiliate Program.
The Shein Affiliate Program (also known as SHEIN Publisher Program) is a way for bloggers, influencers, and also businesses to earn money by promoting Shein products to their audience. As a Shein affiliate, you can get access to exclusive offers, banners, coupons, and links that you can use to drive traffic to Shein’s website. When someone clicks on your link and makes a purchase, you will earn a commission based on the sale amount.
Here are the key takeaways:
- Commission: 10-20%
- Cookie Duration: 30 days
- Affiliate portal: SHEIN Affiliate Page (recommended), ShareASale, Ascend, and CJ Affiliate.
- Payment Methods: PayPal, Electronic Funds Transfer, Bank Transfer
- Country Available: Worldwide
Where to join?
To join the program, we suggest that you join the programme directly at the SHEIN in-house affiliate portal. The registration process will be detailed below.
Also, you still can sign up through affiliate networks including ShareASale, Ascend, and CJ Affiliate. However, SHEIN right now seems to minimize the third-party influence, as they deactivate their Awin account.
They have specific standards, so you must submit your promotional channel and your number of followers.
Conmission ranges from 10% to 20% of the order value. It also highly depends on your region and the affiliate network you are in.
However, the items with 20% commission are only available in their in-house affiliate network.
There are also monthly incentive bonus cash bonuses by sharing promotions and participating in new monthly profitable activities.
The Shein Official Affiliate Program offers a cookie duration of 30 days. This means that if a customer clicks on your affiliate link and makes a purchase within 30 days, you will receive a commission on that sale.
SHEIN Team will pay you via PayPal, Electronic Funds Transfer, or Bank Transfer. There is a minimum payout threshold of $100 for PayPal payments and $500 for bank transfers. Usually, it takes 06 weeks to receive your earnings.
There are some guidelines, terms, conditions, and ethical marketing practices that candidates must comply with before becoming a SHEIN ambassador. Such restrictions vary depending on the region, types of products, and the host network where affiliates attend.
For example, affiliates are not allowed to promote SHEIN products on websites or platforms that contain adultery or inappropriate content.
SHEIN provides a variety of marketing materials that facilitate your promotion practices.
These include banners, text links, coupons, and product feeds. Such resources are designed by experts and assured to be engaging and informative.
SHEIN Helps Center
SHEIN has an affiliate support team. Affiliate managers who work closely or directly with affiliates are responsible for resolving problems and questions from affiliates.
Furthermore, they provide guidance on marketing strategies, offer tips for an optimal campaign and even support technical issues.
What are the pros and cons of the Shein affiliate program?
The Shein affiliate program has many advantages for fashion lovers who want to monetize their online presence. Some of the pros are:
- Good rate (10% commission) and generous cookie duration (30 days)
- You can promote a wide range of products that appeal to different tastes and budgets.
- You can get access to exclusive offers, coupons, and free samples that can help you attract more customers.
- You can benefit from Shein’s global reach and fast shipping.
- You can track your performance and earnings in real-time through the publisher or affiliate dashboard.
- You can get support from a dedicated account manager who can help you optimize your campaigns.
- Shein brand is growing rapidly, worth more than H&M and Zara added up.
However, there are also some drawbacks that you should be aware of before joining the Shein programme. Some of the cons are:
- You need to have a high-quality website or social media account that meets Shein’s standards.
- High payout threshold for Bank Transfer Payment
- You need to be proactive to void account inactivity.
- High competitiveness from other affiliates or publishers who are promoting similar products.
See more programs from qualified merchants on Shopify here!
How to join SHEIN Affiliate Program?
There are two ways to join the SHEIN Affiliate Program: apply via a third-party affiliate platform or directly in the SHEIN homepage.
Join SHEIN Program via Affiliate networks
You can join Shein’s affiliate program via one of the following affiliate networks (must have an account on the affiliate network):
Please note that each network is available in different regions and offers different rates, so please check out carefully before joining one.
The commission offered by such networks, unfortunately, is typically lower than that of the SHEIN in-house team. In turn, they will provide you with detailed, professional tracking tools and support.
Register on the SHEIN homepage
To join the Shein affiliate program, you need to sign up at the website Shein Publisher Program.
Though it is called the Publisher Program, it welcomes both publishers and affiliates. The difference is that the Publisher Program is for businesses while the Affiliate Program is for anyone who wants to promote Shein products.
Side note: If you are a bloggers or influencer who have a large and engaged following, their influencer program might be a better choice. The Influencer Program offers higher commissions and more benefits, but it also has stricter requirements and a longer approval process
To sign up as an affiliate, you need to fill out an application form with your personal and website information. You also need to provide your social media accounts and some examples of your content. You will then receive an email with your login details and a link to the publisher dashboard, where you can access your promotional materials and track your performance.
It takes around 06 weeks for the SHEIN team to consider choosing you as their ambassador.
After successfully accepting a sign-up as an affiliate, you just need to click on the “Affiliate Program” link at the bottom of the page. You will then be redirected to the affiliate dashboard, where you can generate your referral links and view your earnings.
Last but not least, SHEIN products and policies are different in different countries. So, make sure that you are in connection with the SHEIN local team:
- United States (USA)
- United Kingdom
- Saudi Arabia
- And more… You can Google them!
Side story: why choose the SHEIN affiliate marketing program?
In short, it is a golden moment for the SHEIN Affiliate Program:
- People are looking for seasoned and affordable clothes due to the post-pandemic economic downturn – the perfect match for SHEIN’s fast-and-trendy strategy.
- Other retailers (like Amazon) won’t be entering SHEIN’s territory anytime soon.
- SHEIN benefits from China’s effort to promote exports through e-commerce.
Let me explain why…
Well, everybody buys at this time of the year, but not everyone can comfortably afford holiday items and services.
SHEIN is a direct competitor to Amazon. Both are two online retail giants – but SHEIN seems to be dominant in fashion.
There are burdens on many people’s lives and wallets right now. In this situation, people all prioritize inexpensive commodities.
SHEIN has trendy, diverse, and most importantly, good-priced products. Americans, who are dealing with financial challenges, are willing to sacrifice delivery speed and quality assurance for them.
Supply and demand, you know.
They simply offer what Amazon doesn’t offer right now.
SHEIN strong point on fast and reliable delivery has remained a selling point, as people expect seasoned and affordable products.
The competition between Amazon and SHEIN is expected to be intensive in the first half of 2024.
Amazon may modify its strategy and operations if it wants to re-acquire its market share. Everybody, their publisher, affiliates, and partners looking for a move from the world’s biggest retailer.
Either way, up till now they have not yet disclosed any changes in their policies, and probably they won’t do it soon. So, high chance is we will see no comeback from Amazon at least in the next 06 months.
In addition, the Chinese are ambitious to promote their exports through e-commerce platforms, and definitely, government and business efforts will play a significant role in this rivalry.
So, how about the profitability of the SHEIN Program?
The cookie duration of the SHEIN program is 30 days, compared with 24 hours of Amazon. Well, the 30-day duration absolutely dominant here.
Each day closer to vacation, customers are a bit more motivated to buy.
There is a high chance they eventually buy products, but they need time to consider various products out there, as well as calculate to balance their budget.
A 24-hour cookie window would miss out on small but valuable opportunities for affiliates.
With the duration of a 30-day cookie, the conversion rate would be much better.
How much money you can make with SHEIN Affiliate Program?
Shein is approachable to everybody, just like H&M. So their products are cheap.
The Average Order Value of the SHEIN Affiliate Program is $72.84 with a Conversion Rate of 5.21%. So with a 10% commission, you will earn ~7$ each sale.
Assuming your site has 5000 traffic per month with a 5% conversion rate, you will generate 250 orders, translating into $1750 for that month.
Even though 5000 traffic is not an easy-to-achieve number for a medium blogger, the SHEIN offer is still a good deal.
So if you are targeting to be an affiliate, I suggest you have an already established authority in the lifestyle and fashion domain. It is optimal if your followers are women and Gen Z.
If your followers are more quality-oriented and have higher standards, a luxury option, just like Louis Vuitton, may be a better choice.
We also highly recommend affiliates that have a following community on TikTok, Instagram, or YouTube. Support for visual content is the key to fashion promotion.
We will not recommend Facebook and X as they are designed to be more private places. However, keep in mind that such platforms are still effective for experienced marketers.
If you have a personal brand made of your fashion sense or a fashion-inclined blog with thousands of monthly reads, the SHEIN program is profitable despite of which platform you are using.
Note for content creators:
- Though SHEIN is Asia-based, most of its customers are located in the U.S. and the E.U.
- Communicating with Shein’s affiliate team is important. They have a deep understanding of the SHEIN market and what is trending for products at your local. Their feedback or suggestions could be valuable to your content.
Other ways to make money from SHEIN
Being an affiliate is not the only way to monetize your fashion enthusiasm. SHEIN offers other opportunities for content creators to cooperate, and help them make money from it.
- Shein Product Tester: You can join a program called Shein Free Trial that allows customers to try new clothes for free in exchange for writing a detailed review about them. To become their reviewer, just visit the Shein Free Trial Center on their website and select the products you are interested in. You will need to submit your phone number or email, followed by your size and then your shipping address.
- Shein Influencer: Shein also has an influencer program called Sheglam Influencer Program. The program is open to influencers who have a minimum of 5,000 followers on Instagram or YouTube. You can apply here. Of course, SHEIN offers a lot of free products and gift boxes for their influencer.
- SHEIN Referral Program: Shein has a referral program that allows members to earn money by referring friends and family to shop on the Shein website. Once your referral makes a purchase, you will receive cash in your Refermate account!
- Shein Reseller: They do have a reseller program called SHEIN Marketplace. You can apply to be a seller on their website and sell products in apparel, home, beauty, baby, pets, electronics, toys, and more. The program offers exclusive benefits including $0 monthly fees, fast payment, and free marketing tools.
- Other programs: They offer another variant of their affiliate program. Most notably, the Shein Campus Ambassador Program and SHEIN partner. These programs are designed for college students who are passionate about fashion and want to share their love of Shein with campus fellows. Each program has its own terms and policies.
Wrapping it up
After a thorough review of the SHEIN affiliate program and due to the current surge of demands, we believe that the SHEIN affiliate programme is really profitable this time.
Also, it is the fact that other traditional name like Amazon still has its own credits and influence. It is worth keeping in mind that it is not too biased to any side.
Even if you choose SHEIN or not, make sure that your affiliate program niche is suitable and that you have a clear plan to promote those products regularly.